Millions of Australians are attended to by community services organisations annually. With the population of the older people in Australia increasing more than ever, the community services industry has been blooming and the demand for community services workers, accelerating. Educare College is ever ready to assist you in achieving your desire to help build better lives for those in need.
This qualification reflects the roles of community services, case management and social housing workers involved in the managing, co-ordinating and/or delivering of person-centred services to individuals, groups, and communities.
At this level, workers have specialised skills in community services and work autonomously under broad directions from senior management. Workers are usually providing direct supervision of other workers and volunteers and/or case management; program coordination or the development of new business opportunities.
This course contains 16 units (8 core and 8 electives) and covers the following themes;
- Development of Communication Skills Required to Develop and Implement Programs
- Understanding the Impacts of Sociological Factors on Clients in Community Work and Services
- Understanding and Management of Diversity and Legal and Ethical Requirements
- Debriefing and Personal Reflective Skills
- Understanding Requirements and Promotion of Disability Support Services
- Community Centre Management Requirements Including Working with and Managing Projects and Teams
Course Intake –
The CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services course will commence on 28 January 2019.
The course duration typically takes 12 months (depending on the student’s previous learning, experience, and employment status).
Entry Requirements –
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, however, you should have;
- Completed at least Year 12 from an Australian secondary school or overseas equivalent
Proof of equivalent competency in core skills to a level appropriate for the course being applied for
- Certificate III or IV of a CHC training Package (highly recommended but not compulsory)
- Successful completion of a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Assessment
- Working with Children Check and Police Clearance (Blue Card)
- A good level of physical fitness
Delivery Method –
The CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services course is delivered through online study. We understand that students have commitments and responsibilities to attend to, however, we require students to submit a minimum of one assessment per month in order to complete the course without delay.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) / Credit Transfer (CT) –
Have industry experience but no formal qualification? Concerned about spending valuable time on a course to gain skills and knowledge you already possess?
Our friendly staff will guide you through the RPL/CT process and collect the evidence needed to support your application. We issue applicants RPL/CT documentation requesting specific information relating to acquired skills and knowledge achieved within the past five years. An interview process and practical skills assessment will then be conducted if required.
To apply for RPL or CT, contact Student Services for more information on 07 3114 3458 or email us at email@example.com
Student Resources –
- Laptop/Personal Computer and Internet Access
|CHCCCS007||Develop and Implement Service Programs|
|CHCCOM003||Develop Workplace Communication Strategies|
|CHCDEV002||Analyse Impacts of Sociological Factors on Clients in Community Work and Services|
|CHCDIV003||Manage and Promote Diversity|
|CHCLEG003||Manage Legal and Ethical Compliance|
|CHCMGT005||Facilitate Community Participation|
|CHCPRP003||Reflect on and Improve Own Professional Practice|
|HLTWHS004||Manage Work Health and Safety|
|CHCDIS008||Facilitate Community Participation and Social Inclusion|
|CHCDIS007||Facilitate the Empowerment of People with Disability|
|BSBMGT605||Provide Leadership Across the Organisation|
|BSBMGT502||Manage People Performance|
|BSBMGT516||Facilitate Continuous Improvement|
|BSBPMG522||Undertake Project Work|
|BSBWOR502||Lead and Manage Team Effectiveness|
Retail Price (Fee for Service): $4,800
**If you have any difficulties with the fees payment, do not hesitate to contact us to discuss about payment plans**
- CHC60215 Diploma of Community Sector Management
- CHC82015 Graduate Certificate in Client Assessment and Case Management
- CHC81215 Graduate Certificate in Career Development Practice
- CHC81215 Graduate Certificate in Statutory Child Protection
- CHC81115 Graduate Diploma of Family Dispute Resolution
- CHC81015 Graduate Diploma of Relationship Counselling
- Other Diploma Level Qualifications within the CHC Training Package
- University Pathways Depending on Individual University Entry Requirements
- Community Care Manager
- Care Team Leader
- Family Services Coordinator
- Community Services Coordinator
- Community Program Coordinator
- Volunteer Work Coordinator
- Community Services Worker
- Welfare Support Worker